Being healthy and fit
is better than any gold,
and a strong spirit
is better than untold riches. – Sirach 30:15 – (CEB)
I want to feel better.
I’m writing this from the waiting room at the local urgent care clinic. I’ve been feeling bad for over a week and the cough is getting worse. So, here I am, hoping that if there isn’t a cure there is at least something to manage the symptoms better.
They’ve called my name. I’ll need to pick this up again.
The miracles of modern medicine! I’ve filled the three prescriptions they’ve given me. And through the miracle of modern communication, have cancelled my appointments until I am no long contagious. As I leave from the pharmacy (and the sun is shining on this cold January day), I am thankful.
I am thankful for:
- a flexible schedule that allows me time to go to the doctor
- a reliable car to take me to the doctor
- health insurance that covers the cost of the visit
- healthcare professionals
- health insurance that largely subsidizes my prescriptions
- understanding folks who allow me to reschedule my day
- a quiet and comfortable home where I can have a cup of tea and rest
- an expectation of a better night’s rest tonight
- general good health
I pray this finds you healthy and fit but if not, able to get the care or time you need with the hope of feeling better. But I also pray that you are able to find something to be thankful for until you do. For thankfulness heals our heart, which is a good start to healing the body.
Give thanks in all circumstances. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18(NRSV)Thankfulness heals our heart, which is a good start to healing the body. #FMF #1Thessalonians5 #thankful Click To Tweet
Five Minute Friday is back after a holiday break. On Fridays, I receive a word for a five-minute free write. You can read more posts here.